Monday, March 14, 2011

Who'z Killing Who?

A common phrase to a many a citizens of Bumm-ingham ‘I am killing time!’ This statement always puts my mind in a goose-chase, as I wonder whether it us who kill time, or does time kill us! Take a look at the below narrative by Harvey Scott:
“I saw the old thief, Father Time, come ambling down the road, He had a sack upon his back, Lost Minutes were his load. He opened it and showed it to me, not just minutes, but a host of years, decades; a century or more of minutes lost. “ I want to buy a year,” I said, “ And I shall pay you well.”
“ If this earth were finest gold, to you I would not sell, for I have minutes stolen from Kings, from Milton, Shakespear, Bach ( in the context of the 21st century, Bill Gates, Obama, Zuckerberg, Sultan of Brunei, David Rudisha, Lionel Messi…you name it). How would you buy such precious things, your common gold is TRASH!”
“Farewell, young man, I’ve got my fee.” He said. It then dawned on me, while I tried to make him sell, he stole an hour from me!!!!”
Scintillating don’t you think. This narrative had me lost in thought, battles of conviction resulting to the murder of many ideas and plans I had set forth in life. Looking back, I realized a lot of time was lost, and thus vowed no goon was to ever take this jewel away from me. What good do you do with your time, that if your Today was to start all over again, without an inch of doubt, you would re-live it the same way?  Many people, are victims of rape to procrastination, yeah, rape, because it is simply violation of time. Damn right, be mean with your time, for that which does not add value to you…is simply, and politely, UTTER NONSENSE AND PURE RUBISH!
Time is a jewel more worthy than diamond; talk of a 1st love, and other than the Supreme Being and Family, then time should be the ideal candidate caressing you in nights so cold, and pampering you in days of sorrow. Be vigilant, be mean, at the same time share, cherish you time and greatness duly awaits you.
As your mind dances to tunes of many thoughts, this blog is an investment of my precious jewel, and I shall not cease to soothe it with undying and timely love.

No comments:

Post a Comment