Friday, March 18, 2011

Candle Love Effect!!!

*In Honor of a friend so true: Get Well Soon*

Hmm…love, love, love… YIKES!! This feeling that causes blissful-trauma is beyond explanation, thus I shall not even try to define it. Anhui, I have seen many a people languish in confusion, wondering what or not to do, all in the name of L-factor. Grown men drown themselves in alcohol and cry, some jumping out of buildings, police shooting themselves, cat-fights at entertainment spots…its endless. Well, do I believe in it, that’s a question for another day! Aha, al just put in a small theory for those who are curious; I believe by virtue of Cupid being a baby, then Love should be as simple and honest as a baby-and the occasional whining, should definitely expected, or else, its one major hoax.

A friend of mine, Thomas*, married an earthly-angel early December 2010. Seeking to ice the already delicious cake in honor of the days of courting, a honeymoon in the beautiful coastal lands of Malindi was underway. Nights of love-making and day-time local tourism was the code they lived by (I assume). Miserably so, it was at the hype of this escapade that gloom took them hostage and put them up for a ransom; DEATH, was one willing party, ready to pay up. As he was motorcycle tour, an accident befell him and the Nairobi Hospital Intensive Care Unit has been his confinement to date. (Damn right, I shed a tear for my good friend and would appreciate you taking a short prayer for him)

His current state had me ponder into yonder; doesn’t such a situation bring the desired definition of love to birth. Doesn’t it, doesn’t it? I am wholly petrified to even think of myself in such a state, but who knows what the next minute has in store for any of us. Therefore: What would you do? Would you love him/her so much not let go? Would you have an affair with Mr./Mrs. Doubt and let him/her rot away at the expense of your desires? Would you love him/her the same away, assuming the beauty they so possessed is wiped away? 

Trick affair don’t you think?

The candle withers away as it brings light, sadly so, are the majority of our love encounters. Always starting on a high; endless texting, all-night calls, holding hands and all the mushy stuff people do. (I have also been a culprit of this and damn right, good at it). Main question-how do we keep the candle from withering away? What is the secret, to a relationship lasting decades? Since I plan to have one, I seek your counsel on this grave matter, later on!!

Take your mind on a sad tour, and put yourself in the above shoes (boots for gentlemen, and heels for ladies), and ask yourself whether you would stick around. There you go, you have your answer. I know it is an extreme state, but with the answer lingering on in your mind, you know whether or not, he/she is worthy at all!!

3 comments:

  1. well that is definately something to think about

    ReplyDelete
  2. read this, thought about it, n i have my answer. so remind me to ask you this when we skype- just curious

    ReplyDelete