Wednesday, March 16, 2011

ALLERGIC TO AVERAGE!!!

A thought of the word average...just irks me....personally, I even don't think it should be in the dictionary...therefore, this marks the last time I opt to use the word, thus avoid contaminating my blog with the average-deficiency

Who has ever heard of an average-hero, an average-millionaire, an average-achiever...you mention it...think about it...hmm....aha...NOTHING, NOTHING AT ALL!! Okay, so I was reading this book, called 'An Enemy Called Average', "loved it",(go get it), and opted to share it with you, in summary.

So, what  is the difference between Rich and wealthy, hero and coward, achiever and looser, bold and nervous...good and best...simple...ATTITUDE.Yeah yeah, I know you have heard it a thousand times...do I really care, NO!!! I want you to LISTEN for the first time. Okie, simple test...take a pen and paper..jolt down the alphabets from A-Z, just like in nursery...give each letter a numerical value, that is 1-26. Replace each letter in the word attitude, with its numerical value, and sum it up...what do you get?.......that's all you need.

Lest you have not seen the movie Gifted Hands,  Ben Carson became the greatest surgeon ever, because his mother pushed him. She made him believe that he had the capacity to be the best at whatever he set his sights on. Now, I am not talking of a miracle, I am talking about a change in attitude. Nurture your kid, to believe he is the best, not arrogant though, and he or she shall make 'great success', an understatement. Sadly so, it all begins with you.

Therefore, if you think you are an average-beauty, an average-student, an average-businessman or woman, yearning for an average-house, with an-average spouse, and have average-kids...permit me to call you naive....and then encourage you that ' If you believe, you can achieve...and that if you have a dream, you are already half way there'


2 comments: