Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Letter to God


Hindu or Muslim, Christian or whatever you are...God-fearing I is..and with that I share this with you..If it talks to you, do not be shy to say it too. Fatma guided me in this prayer, and I made it mine. Thank you binti.

"Dear  God,

I want you to know that I’m trying. I know you know that but I want to make SURE you know. I know I’m not perfect. Far from it. Sometimes I think not so nice thoughts about others. I complain when I shouldn't. And sometimes I get caught up with wordly crap. It’s so hard, God. And I should know better. And I hate that I’m such a screw up at times. 

But I want you to know that I’m trying. I get discouraged a lot because I don’t know if you hear me. I get upset because all I want is for my light to shine. And sometimes, I feel as if there are so many blockers out there preventing me to do so. I wonder why you've given me such painful trials. And then I question, if THIS is what I'm supposed to be doing. If THIS is where I should be. I ask you to show me and guide me and when I don’t get an immediate response, I gripe and make assumptions.
 
Sorry for that. Am dearly sorry Dad.
Sometimes what you have for me is right in front of my face. And I’m too silly to see that. Or sometimes what you have for me will come in due time. And I’m too impatient to see that. Please help me, God. Please help me focus. When I sit down to do something, please allow me to do it without my mind wandering on to something else. Bless me with patience. Bless me with courage to go after my dreams, or delayed realities as I know them to be. 

Continue blessing my parents. Please, PLEASE bless them with the strength to overcome any turbulence that they may face in the future. They really do not deserve to be hurt or go through any pain whatsoever, and hope they shall live to see more grandchildren…be toothless and have me take them on a second honeymoon. They do deserve it.
Bless my friends as they embark on new chapters, moves, new jobs, marriages, children, entrepreneurial ventures, tapping into their creative outlets, etc etc. Thank you for surrounding me with such wonderful people. For those who never so, I love them so. They are the curving tools in my life, and when my time to join shall come, let them know, I took none of them for granted. NONE!!

Ahem..now that special gal..well well…you know best. I  know we make the best relationship tag team, and will conquer hearts..okay..make that one heart. Thus, with you as my side-kick of Wisdom, add unto me the words of Solomon, and resilience of David. An earthly angel awaits, and a heaven on earth to her awaits..yeah yeah..I know there will be turbulences, but only to make us stronger, and appreciate each other more.
The heaven, can not be likened to yours, as she has to know, there is a better place that awaits her...

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you…I don’t think I can say enough to show how much I am grateful.

Your Child,
Babuu."

3 comments:

  1. Amen.
    I love this version
    :-)

    Thanks for the mention

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would we not be a serious collabo my dear...wazim...we should think of one soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. ***
    I also prayed along with you
    God hears I know he has.
    Amen.

    ReplyDelete