Monday, May 30, 2011

I was Crashed!!

What a weekend...damn, it was special. Football, the men's soap-opera, was soothing to the soul. Heavenly to be precise. The glamour that surrounded the brilliance and fluidity of the game, though one sided,  was like being high on marijuana and playing Bob Marley's tunes in the background. "Pwoh! Pwoh! Jah Rasta pharai-Pure Niceness." Therefore, as I always state, we are born in the most legendary era. APPRECIATE IT. After a busy day of scheduled, life-changing meetings, I was definitely looking forward to that evening. Since I reside in an area that is surrounded by hip clubs, oh yes, I mean, some of the best, I was definitely going to watch the game in my 'balcony'. I graced a popular joint. It was so packed, oxygen went on a 'Haki-Yetu' demonstration!! Fast-forward, and there we are: the game is over and people are in jubilation, while others in humiliation. The DJ is on his desk, doing his 'thang', although horribly, and people are all over dancing. Nowadays, there are no dance-floors, thus people were battling for space in order to get jiggy. Personally, I am a relatively good dancer, or so I have been told, thus I can move in rhythm. This time round though, I chose to take a back seat and watch. I was bamboozled and petrified.

How is it possible that an African woman cannot dance? Simply move her waist from side to side in rhythmic motion. I was crashed!! I believe that rhythm is natural to us, as is hot pepper to Indians. I not necessarily mean being an extremely good dancer, doing the popping and locking, B-Boy stunts and many more we see in dance shows, swaggeriffic and other de-womanizing stunts; I simply mean-moving in tune with the music. How then, does a woman, African woman to be precise, move like a pendulum on the dance floor? Her waist gashing all over like shark teeth preying on fresh bait!!  Now that is kind of an exaggeration, I know, but what the hell? It was like seeing a cog-less engine, choke up on lack of oil for lubrication. Anhui, I know I am ranting on no basis. Just wanted to jog my mind a bit..see whether I could come up with a malicious accusation. We shall resume to our regular mind-sets, once I finish the post I am working on. I do not share opinions on male dancing, is not my area of interest. I am therefore, not a male chauvinist. 'I just added the last bit, so that I could use the last word. Hehe!!

Have a blessed week people. You are special!!

6 comments:

  1. You are special too.
    I love ur articles. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome...someone is doing some serious reading. You are most welcome, and I shall strive to make them more interesting

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boss i do feel u...wanaitwa pendulum's....hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe...we hate this kind...African women should be gentle and flexible around the waist...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh the pressure that surrounds the African Woman's waist. From child bearing, water carrying to the ryhthm.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. And fact remains, that the woman deserves more, and should grab it, whenever she sees that it is not being willingly shared.

    ReplyDelete