Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Dear Silence

"Dear Silence,

Hush, this was not meant to be loud. As a matter of fact, we need to be so silent, that words do not listen. Thus hush, lest you cause a stir. I must confess, our relationship does go way back. I think it goes as far as I was swimming in amniotic fluid. Hmm...sadly, I cannot recall that. You are a loyal friend, I must attest to that, and in that regard, I will always hold you dear. You have kept me company in days when I was alone. Do you remember our first black-out in my own crib..damn. That was a trying time, especially fighting the darkness, but we stood tall and scared the shit out  of darkness, until it eventually became light.What a victory!!

I write this to you, in recollection of the times we had. You always kept me company when I was alone with nothing to do, provided me with a shoulder to lean on when I was among strangers, found a way to tone down the mood when things flared up between those around me and I..its endless. You always had a way to ease things out, and I, I really do appreciate it. I recall the first lesson you gave me;how to talk with my eyes. She was stunning, wasn't she? Yep, I think that is what counts for a first crush. Primary school is where we were, and yep, we rocked like the Beatles in 60s. That was a classic. She was bemused, by how I could stare and not talk, yet talk so much, that it actually made her blush. Hmm. Never realized that such a stir would take hostage of my tummy and leave my thoughts in bewilderment. He he. We really had good times. The first day in a new place, and we would be scared stiff. Being vary cautious, so as not to look snobby, yet wary that I don't break you, and became all too chatty. Lessons well learnt. Thank you for not seeking vengeance, when I chose to break you though, and ignore that you ever existed; Giving room to laughter to take all the glory, chuckles at times and even dismally, annoying grants. Generosity is an understatement for a definition of your character, I must confess.

Despite it all, I still have a bone to pick with you. Why did you gag me. You bored me stiff. She had a sizzling scent, fruity to be precise. Her posture told it all: Come get me, yet you opted to make sure that on the D-day, I would not busk in her voice. That was an opportunity lost, and you really need to own up. Aha, do you remember that dimwit in the elevator; I guess people under-estimate your vocals at times. You were in your mantra, and the fool opted to let loose and utter from the butt-cheeks. Total disgrace and insult to the elevator code. That was one hell of a lift-journey, totally detrimental to the aura that had engulfed the surroundings.

Our valley and mountain sessions, have been plenty indeed. It would be impossible to pin all of them down on this blog. Just thought, a little appreciation would go along way in our relationship. Just know, that though at times I may grumble, I really do appreciate the times you soften the tensions that arise, and would have ended up making me loose the special people around me.

Thank you
Yours Truly,
Silence breaker"

2 comments:

  1. How such come to mind..is a tale only God can tell..yet I like

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Intriguing!!!! Keep writing these letters

    ReplyDelete