Thursday, June 2, 2011

Rock and a Hard place

I must admit, I do know what a rock is, and that it is a hard object, but does anyone out there, know what the hard place is, in relation to the adage saying? It may as well be dry clay for crying out loud, and with a little bit of water, can be moulded and one can make a way out. Chose to think so because I deem 'hard' to be relative. What is hard to me, is definitely not hard to you, not hard to Yokozuna, Schwarzenegger etc? Mark you, I do not mean mathematics here!! Well, before you brand me as a nutcase, because someone else has already done that, my bad!!...are there tougher things breathing on this earth in comparison to those creatures which creep into our lives, stare us right in the face without twitching and scream 'WHICH ONE? Oh yes, they are not aliens. We have been with them for a greater part of our lives. I am talking about choices. Here, I do not mean deciding whether eating chips makes you add weight, hence should you eat the whole pack, or half? Daang: eat the whole pack, then take a walk! Should burn you the calories.


I mean, life changing decisions.
Recently I was forced to make one of such kind. One that may come to bite my ass in future. In that line, I hope it will be toothless (kibogoyo, kabisa). I had two options: The known or the unknown? From a re-known poet's view:  he likened this process to standing at a crossroads, and resolving to choose between two paths: the path most trodden, or the path least trodden? I chose the path least trodden, as it is the path of great men. Pardon me for not going into detail about it, but the Lord sure knows an entire generation has its fate on that resolve. Oh yes, a generation; I am a living incubator, thus my generation banks on me. haha. (that is a smart joke. If you do not understand, stick to watching Chally Chaplin and Mr.Bean) No offense.
In life, we are faced with so many tough choices, to the extent that, if they had weight, majority of us would be crushed like coco-yam. Fact about it is, whenever we think we are in the worst of states, there is someone definitely at a  more crucial and life changing state than we are. Anhu,I urge you not make comparisons, as they will often weaken your stand. Especially, negative comparisons.



Take a flashback into your life, and recall the time you had to make the toughest decision. What made you choose what you did, and do you regret it? I read somewhere, of a way to know what you want. Assuming you have two options, take a coin and have the heads as option A, and the tails as B. Then toss the coin in the air and await chance to make a decision for you. Really? NOPE. While the coin is tossing in the air, you will feel an inclination as to how you want the coin to fall on the ground. The side you are inclined to, is the decision you should make, because that is what you want.


I am no psychiatrist, guru of life, a seer who has lived through generations, thus cannot tell you how to go about circumventing tough decisions. They are with us to stay, and I am yet to see someone come up with a mechanism to make a brain soften a tough one. I seek not to be the first and end up stripping my blog off its blog-ginity. All I know is, tough decisions need to be made, and character is founded on them. You need to believe in whatever you decide, so much, that it becomes present reality in your head. Therefore, whatever you choose, stick by and to it, 100%. This is to ascertain, that regardless of the outcome, you will know you gave it your all. If you are deciding on getting fat, eat with all might, that if you fail, you will state,"Damn right. I did give those meals some serious whooping".; "Anyone who stops learning is old, whether this happens at 80 or 20'-Harvey Ullman. Life shall never cease to act tough on you, and you cannot change that, yet again, you have the alternative of changing yourself. Regardless of the state you are in, toss a coin and live with it. People may not agree with your decision, but it is your own decision, isn't it? Heed counsel where it comes in handy, but always, strive to make your own decisions. Don'f fall victim to the blame-game extravaganza. Wishes will never be horses, and therefore, beggars shall never ride.



As is often said: life is a bitch; yet again, many lessons you it can teach, and eventually have you as its pimp!! Carpe diem!!

2 comments:

  1. 6.21am???creously??????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha....why not? I did write about it, didn't I? Yep..thats my view....

    ReplyDelete