Friday, August 5, 2011

Baby Loving!!

On twitter as @utamhaliss 
Am I the one who only finds it interesting that when we were toddlers, we crave to be adults and actually try to act like one, yet when we get old, all we can do is be nostalgic and yearn for our toothless days. If I am the only victim here, I must confess that, I really do wish life would have stagnated there, at times. Anhu, during the numerous flips of my baby flashbacks, something hit my nerve. I recalled of the you-tube video, showing two babies have a laugh in the nappies, as if they were grown-ups, chatting an afternoon through. It is in this line, I thought of coming up with a poem, written from a smooth-baby's point of view:


Baby-Loving
Your Mum to know mine,
wasn't luck, but destiny at its prime,
noticed you when just ten months through,
warmest toothless smile and beauty so true.


First touch of my innocent eyes on you,
'gugu-gaga' was all I could do,
old folk ignorant of what was the hype,
not knowing twas baby-vibe, saying "I'm in like"


In the crib they often left we,
calming than a Cerelac moment in being,
you in the pink bootees with a Tweety bird top,
was like taking a burp, after mama's gulp.


Both knees down, I went romancing to theem
requesting to be your diaper, n halt shit from happening,
definitely a 'pampers' and not plain napkin,
thus cause you no rash, and be long lasting.


Laughter and joy took toll,
as I took you for the carpet crawl,
vowing to be your powder-Johnsons,
not sour, like cod-liver Scotts-Emulsion. 


#Food for thought: There moments in your life, when you have to find the child within you and experience the offings of life, without so much worry of the next day. It may actually make you live longer, and see things from a different view. Remember, adults are just grown up kids, grooming growing kids!! 
"Great is the man who has not lost his childlike heart." Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th Century BC





No comments:

Post a Comment