Friday, August 12, 2011

21st Century Virgin?



I just finished the last episode of Outsourced, (why did they cancel this show) and recall Rajiv, the nosy and nagging Indian manager, proclaim that he was a virgin. I know not of his age as per the show, but I give him a minimum of 27. Recalling the hit movie, 40 year old virgin, I wonder whether it was based on a true story! I know this is plain T.V, and you may claim I am delusional, yet again, am I really? Come to think of it, why did they highlight male characters as Vs. Anhu, a pal of mine believes that this 'specie' is extinct? If not, then they are nearing extinction, and we should start a lobby group dubbed 'Save the Vs campaign/Foundation'?  FYI V=virgins, not V=visitors!! 

At times, I think men value women's virginity, more than women value it themselves. Do women really know how men gloat after popping a cherry? Ladies, if not, pray you get a chance to witness this. For crying out loud, some men even believe that Nike-ing a pure damsel, is a guaranteed cure for AIDS. SCOUNDRELS!! 
Double standard 1: Why is sex meant to seem as a woman's fault, should there be any misdemeanor in this department. Chinua Achebe, in his book, A Man of the People, states, :-the sheet duet is more meaningful to women as it takes place in them. Regardless, fact remains, it is not a solo performance. Thus I wonder why men are so keen to pass the buck whenever things go wrong. From lack of capacity to resist temptation, to being drugged and 'her lack of hesitance to resist a plunge'; men always make it seem its the woman's fault. I know men are gas-cookers, and women micro-waves, whenever it comes to reacting to sexual stimulus, yet, we all know that numerous decisions have to be made prior to the actual intimacy. From phone calls, to condom purchases, to setting up rooms, availing time etc.-it's evident that sex has to be consented prior to the actual physical bonding. This facade that men lack control in this department, has created a lee-way for us, to misbehave, and have it seen as a norm. Double standard 2:men long to marry virgins, yet want to play the sexatone with women. Oxymoron!!. At the same time, men always seek to safeguard their own blood sisters, guiding them to remain pure, yet strive to get the price possession of other people's sisters-V or not! People shy from reality, I choose to dance with it!


As I was saying, fact remains that this 'specie', is not extinct, and I do commend them for staying put, especially in the 21st century. It is difficult, I know. There is no greater stimulus than the rush of hormones related to intimacy, and overcoming it, is an achievement. Well, adrenaline does come at a close second. These hormones have made men and women transverse states, ignore political and professional status (Clinton and IMF boss, not mentioning), concoct lies worth a million bucks, scorn religion and even violate human rationale (rapists, incest); simply because it is matchless. People are made to feel like outcasts because they have held their cherry close to their hearts. Shy not, and stand tall. With sex being one of the most used marketing gimmick, radio stations rampant on this topic and Hollywood making virginity look like a mental disorder or a disease "NB:IT IS STILL MEN WHO PLAY THESE CHARACTER ROLES! (R.J. Berger), I think being a V in this century, is a major milestone. I know you re-collecting where you lost it, well, you can mentor your kids into valuing it more, and this relates to both gender. With such sanity, we may save our nation and kind, a lot of trauma. 

As I always state, it is not my role to judge fellow mankind, and pretend to be holier than thou, or taking a morally higher ground! Do what you will, it is yours, right? Therefore, if you let loose at your own consent, do so without regret, but should you give in, only to crave to stab yourself for what you did, you best think twice before taking a dip!!

TRUTHTimes have changed. While in the 20th century it was seen as treasure, the 21st sees it as lack of appreciation for one's sex-life. I believe marriages in the past, lasted because couples upheld their V, thus the only bed-minton they knew, was between the 2. Nowdays,though, with ping-pong of sex partner widely accepted, testing various kinds of flesh highly recommended, then chances of falling victim to desires of better offers, is red hot. The divorce rates and cheating spouses speak for themselves. They are so many, that T.V shows can actually air them like  a series, with complete seasons. Chastity is no vice, its a VIRTUE!
FalseThe V-card is a visa card, that can be used severally. Nope, it only swipes once! Make it count!
NB:As you read this, hope you pondered not on whether I am one, or not. Well, since you are a judge of character, I will let you decide. YOU KNOW BEST!! Ha ha

4 comments:

  1. Hahahahahahahahaha yes MR.V we shall judge u hata useme nini.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous...mbona kuwa coward nakujificha!! he he. I choose not to make this about me, because, well...hehe. Itakuwa False-Truth!! he he

    ReplyDelete
  3. False- Truth sio!!! goodstuff, finally accepting yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enj. Well, Let me just say, if I was to share my history, hehe, I may end up being the Male Version of Getrude Mungai!!

    ReplyDelete