Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A Break-Up Poem!! Ha

Life is beautiful. Life really is, Beauty-full, and don't we all just love it. Anhui, today, we take a rather sour tune to the music of life-BREAK-UPS!! Yay. Got this inspiration from a couple I came across at Uhuru Park, arguing so emotionally-the lady was busy ranting how 'his' man was not man-enough, by not catering for her needs..blah blah blah. There I had my bulb moment-NDING!! Why not poetize it. This would rid us off the cliche-' it's not you, it's me' or 'you are too good for me. Let us just be friends' reasons. Before I proceed, I have a bone of contention with the latter reason: since when, has being good been a vice. I believe, that most often than not, this people mean that they are actually, too bad for you, and are simply saving you their wretched stench!! Therefore, never beat yourself up when these words are jelled into your relationship.

Our tune produced,
such a great beat,
til you soured it up,
into total misfit,
being such a feather-weight,
punches by life softened your wait,
ups and downs meant to belt our waists,
erased you fast like water-paint..

Deeper into you,
I was sinking in breadth,
now my eyes sight of you,
is sheer hippo breathe,
a 100% giving,
to you my life I had bet,
minus all that,
because zero is all you'll get.

Timeless therapy,
I seek to save your mind-frame,
spanking you with shame,
for losing a hot-one in the game,
thence know-its not YOU i dont believe,
its US-I wouldn't dare conceive..

2 comments:

  1. ..there is always a first time to everything

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree with you "too good for me"spare me the heartache

    ReplyDelete